Studies on science and society, experimentation of participatory methodologies, methodologies of science education and public communication of science.
- REPOPA (REsearch into POlicy to enhance Physical Activity), FP7 European project on the interactions between scientific research and policy making, based on partcipatory methodologies, in collaboration with European universities and research institutions Europeans. CNR participates with two institutes: IRPPS and IFC.
- SciCafe 2.0, FP7 European project to study and experiment crowdsourcing online platforms for the participation of citizens and researchers in decision-making.
- L’image des migrants dans les manuels scolaires en Méditeranée, analysis of the topic of human migrations in school textbooks, in collaboration with universities and research centers of the Mediterranean.
- Italian scientists and science communication – attitudes, ethics and practices, iperiodic surveys on communication activities by researchers of CNR and the University, in collaboration with Agora Scienza at the University of Turin.
- Tettamanti project, investigation on issues of internal and external communication of a research center in collaboration with the Fondazione Tettamanti, at the San Gerardo Hospital in Monza.
- Logbook on the oceanographic vessel CNR Urania.
- Ethics and Polemics, methodology for involvement of citizens and students in the scientific debate developed with British Council since 2000 and selected as European best practice. The activity increased from year to year on topics of social and scientific interest, and continued with the participation in the project Biodiversity, in collaboration with the National Academy of Sciences and the ANISN.
- Biohead-Citizen, European project on the values of citizenship in science teaching through analysis of the programs and textbooks, and through surveys with teachers of the 19 countries involved.
- Participation to the projects for the dissemination of scientific culture Scienceonthenet and La scienza ha fatto rete.