GENERA, Gender Equality Network in European Research Area, is an Horizon 2020 project, with the duration of three years (2015-2018) formed by 12 European countries. The project aims to enhance gender equality in physic research where the underrepresentation of women is registered as a long-standing problem (EU,2015).
The main goal of GENERA is to help RPOs and RFOs active in Physics to adopt and implement effective Gender Equality Plans. GEPs are instruments with the aim to identify and remove potential gender discrimination practices, promote innovative measures to enhance gender equality, monitoring progresses trough gender equality indicators.
- Evaluate gender equality in the distribution of the personnel through statistical administrative data analysis.
- Identity needs and special measures to enhance gender equality in GENERA consortium.
- Provide guidelines for the realization of the GEPs
- Support involved organizations in implementing tailored GEPs.
- Establish a European network within research organizations and universities to promote gender equality in the physic field.
- Set up a long monitoring system for the impacts of the measures adopted .
CNR-IRPPS working group is responsible for the Work package 2, it provided a statistical data collection framework to collect administrative gender relevant data, useful to monitor gender equality through research organizations.
GENERA wants research organizations in Physics to benefit from the greater presence of talented women at all levels, and hope for open up more opportunities for women to create successful careers in Physics and in related fields.
Carolina Brandi, Girolama Caruso, Loredana Cerbara, Cristiana Crescimbene, Ilaria Di Tullio, Daniela Luzi, Lucio Pisacane