Research Director: Daniele Archibugi
The word globalization has become one of the most commonly used in social sciences. Is it due to fashion or to the emergence of new phenomena? The activites carried out in this research area deals with globalization in three core areas: i) the economy, ii) innovation and technological change, and iii) global governance.
i) Economic globalization has considerably changed everyday life. It is more and more important to identify when and where globalization is occurring and what is its impact. The research team has contributed to generate and interpret specific indicators to identify and measure economic globalization.
ii) New information and communcation technologies are perhaps the most important factor to allow the spatial interconnection in economic, social and cultural life. The research team has worked on the globalizaton of innovation and it has contributed a variety of indicators of globalization in the knolwedge society.
iii) How is globalziation changing also political life? Do international organizations manage to rule change? This research team devotes special attention to the possibility of a democratization of world political life through reform of the existing international organizations and the creation of new ones.
- Daniele Archibugi and Andrea Filippetti, (eds), The Handbook of Global Science, Technology and Innovation, (Wiley, 2015). ISBN 978-1-118-73906-8.
- Daniele Archibugi (coordiatore), The Contribution of the European Commission to Responsible Research and Innovation. A Review of the Science and Society (FP6) and Science in Society (FP7) Programmes, CNR edizioni, Roma, 2015, ISBN 978-88-8080-182-5.
- Luigi Caranti, La pace fraintesa. Kant e la teoria della pace democratica, Rubbettino, Soveria Mannelli, 2012.
- Daniele Archibugi, Mathias Koenig-Archibugi and Raffaele Marchetti (eds.), Global Democracy. Normative and Empirical Perspectives, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 2011
- Daniele Archibugi and Andrea Filippetti, Innovation and Economic Crisis. Lessons and Prospects from the Economic Downturn, Routledge Editore, London, 2011
- Daniele Archibugi and Guido Montani (eds.), European Democracy and Cosmopolitan Democracy, Istituto di Studi Federalisti “Altiero Spinelli”, Ventotene, 2011
- Daniele Archibugi , Cittadini del mondo. Verso una democrazia cosmopolitica, Il Saggiatore, Milano, 2009
- Daniele Archibugi, La démocratie cosmopolitique. Sur la voie d’une démocratie mondiale, Editions du Cerf, Paris, 2009
- Daniele Archibugi , The Global Commonwealth of Citizens. Toward Cosmopolitan Democracy, Princeton University Press, Princeton, 2008
- Daniele Archibugi (ed.), Debating Cosmopolitics, Verso, London; New York, 2003
- Daniele Archibugi, Bengt-Ake Lundvall (eds.), The Globalizing Learning Economy, Oxford University Press, Oxford, 2001
Books in preparations
- Daniele Archibugi and Alice Pease, Crime and Global Justice. The Dynamics of International Punishment, Polity Press, Cambridge.
- Luigi Caranti, Kant’s Politics Today. Human Rights, Peace, Political Agency, UWP (forthcoming)
- Daniele Archibugi, Blade Runner Economics: Will Innovation Lead the Economic Recovery?, Research Policy, Forthcoming.
- Daniele Archibugi, Andrea Filippetti and Marion Frenz, The impact of the economic crisis on innovation: Evidence from Europe, “Technological Forecasting and Social Change“, 2013.
- Daniele Archibugi, Andrea Filippetti and Marion Frenz, Economic crisis and innovation: is destruction prevailing over accumulation?, “Research Policy”, vol. 42, no. 3, 2013, pp. 303– 314.
- Daniele Archibugi and Mariano Croce, Legality and Legitimacy of Exporting Democracy, in Richard Falk, Mark Juergensmeyer and Vesselin Popovski, eds, Legality and Legitimacy in World Politics, Oxford University Press, Oxford, 2012
- Daniele Archibugi and David Held, Cosmopolitan Democracy: Paths and Agents, “Ethics and International Affairs”, vol. 25 no. 4, 2011 , pp. 433-461
- Daniele Archibugi and Marina Chiarugi, Looking for a Jurisdiction for Somali Pirates, “The Political Quarterly”, vol 82, no. 2, 2011, pp.231-239
- Daniele Archibugi and Andrea Filippetti, Is the Economic Crisis Impairing Convergence in Innovation Performance across Europe? “Journal of Common Market Studies”, vol. 49, no. 6, 2011, pp. 1153–1182
- Andrea Filippetti and Daniele Archibugi, Innovation in Times of Crisis: National System of Innovation, Structure and Demand “Research Policy, Research Policy”, vol. 40, 2011, pp. 179–192
- Daniele Archibugi and Andrea Filippetti, The Globalization of Intellectual Property Rights. Four Learned Lessons and Four Theses “Journal of Global Policy”, vol. 1, issue 2, May 2010, pp. 137-149
- Daniele Archibugi, Mario Denni and Andrea Filippetti, The Technological Capabilities of Nations: The State of the Art of Synthetic Indicators “Technological Forecasting and Social Change”, vol. 76, 2009, pp. 917-931
A complete list of publications can be found within the CV of Daniele Archibugi.