The ViVa project is realized as part of a partnership agreement with the Presidency of the Council of Ministers Department for Equal Opportunities, and consists of two main spheres of action. The first is to carry out a survey on the services available to support women who are victims of violence with the dual goal of
1. supplying a quanti-qualitative analytical picture of the victim support system,
2. defining the ‘optimum service range’ to prevent violence, take in and rehabilitate the victims, and reintroduce them into society.
The second sphere consists of support for policies to prevent and fight violence against women, through a) a set of research-action activities aimed at supporting the Department for Equal Opportunities in implementing the Strategic National Plan on Male Violence Against Women 2017–2020 and b) through a post-evaluation of the implementation processes, achievements and results of the previous plan (2015-17) and further analyses (ex-ante and in itinere) to assess the achievements of the new plan (2017–2020).
In particular, the project consists of the following phases:
1. Identification of the specialist and general entities providing support for victims of gender violence operating in Italy pursuant to the regulations in force.
2. Definition and creation of tools for the quali-quantitative monitoring of the system of assistance and support for the victims of gender violence.
3. Sample analysis of the operating functions of the specialist and general services available at the local level.
4. Contribution to the operational implementation of the National Strategic Plan on Male Violence against Women 2017–2020.
5. Ex-ante evaluation of the National Strategic Plan on Male Violence against Women 2017–2020.
6. Assessment of the achievements and results of the interventions implemented in the Extraordinary Action Plan 2015-2017 against sexual and gender violence.
Stefano Boffo, Pietro Demurtas, Francesco Gagliardi, Adele Menniti, Maura Misiti.