Maria Chiara Caschera graduated in Computer Science Engineering from the “La Sapienza” University in Rome in 2005 and obtained a Ph.D. in Computer Science and Automation from the “Roma Tre” University in Rome in 2009. She is currently a researcher with the Italian National Research Council Institute of Research on Population and Social Policies in Rome. Her research interests focus on human-computer interaction, multimodal interaction, multimodal ambiguity, visual languages, visual interfaces and sketch-based interfaces, knowledge management and innovation, social network visualization and evolution, sentiment analysis, fake news detection and social computing. She is author of more than 60 papers in international journals, conference proceedings and books. She has been the programme chair for several international workshops and conferences and she is involved in the editorial board of several international journals in the field of computer science. She is also involved as a reviewer for several international journals and she participates in many programming committees for national and international conferences and workshops.
She has been a scientific reviewer for several PRIN, FCS-H2020 PON and Agenda digitale FRI projects. From 2005 to date, she has participated in 20 European and national projects.
Most relevant publications:
- Grifoni, P., Caschera, M.C. & Ferri, F. (2021) Evaluation of a dynamic classification method for multimodal ambiguities based on Hidden Markov Models. Evolving Systems 12, 377–395. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12530-020-09344-3
- D’Andrea A., Caschera M.C., Ferri F., Grifoni P. (2021). MuBeFE – Multimodal Behavioural Features Extraction Method Journal of Universal Computer Science, vol. 27, no. 3 (2021), 254-284.
- D’Ulizia A, Caschera MC, Ferri F, Grifoni P. (2021). Fake news detection: a survey of evaluation datasets. PeerJ Computer Science 7:e518 https://doi.org/10.7717/peerj-cs.518
- Grifoni, P., Caschera, M.C. & Ferri, F. (2020). DAMA: A Dynamic Classification of Multimodal Ambiguities. International Journal of Computational Intelligence Systems. Volume 13, Issue 1, 2020, Pages 178 – 192. https://doi.org/10.2991/ijcis.d.200208.001
- Caschera, M.C., D’Ulizia, A., Ferri, F. et al. (2019). MONDE: a method for predicting social network dynamics and evolution. Evolving Systems 10, 363–379. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12530-018-9242-z
- Caschera, M.C. , Ferri, F. , Grifoni, P. (2016). Sentiment analysis from textual to multimodal features in digital environments. In Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Management of Digital EcoSystems (MEDES). Association for Computing Machinery, New York, NY, USA, 137–144. DOI:https://doi.org/10.1145/3012071.3012089
- Grifoni P., Ferri F, Caschera M.C., D’Ulizia A., Mazzei M., (2014). “MIS: Multimodal Interaction Services in a cloud perspective”, JNIT: Journal of Next Generation Information Technology, Vol. 5, No. 4, pp.1-10;
- Ferri, F., Grifoni, P., Caschera, M.C., D’Ulizia, A., Praticò, C. (2013). KRC: KnowInG crowdsourcing platform supporting creativity and innovation, AISS: Advances in Information Sciences and Service Sciences, Vol. 5, No. 16, pp. 1 -15;
- Caschera, M.C. , Ferri, F. , Grifoni, P. (2013). From Modal to Multimodal Ambiguities: a Classification Approach, JNIT, Vol. 4, No. 5, pp. 87 -109;
- Caschera, M.C. , Ferri, F. , Grifoni, P. (2013). InteSe: An Integrated Model for Resolving Ambiguities in Multimodal Sentences. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics: Systems, Volume: 43, Issue: 4, pp. 911 – 931;
- Avola D., Caschera M.C., Ferri F., Grifoni P., (2010). Classifying and Resolving Ambiguities in Sketch-Based Interaction. International Journal of Virtual Technology and Multimedia. Vol.1, No.2, Inderscience Publishers. pp.104-139;
- Caschera M.C., Ferri F., Grifoni P., (2008). SIM: A dynamic multidimensional visualization method for social networks. PsychNology Journal 6(3): pp. 291-320;
- Caschera M. C., Ferri F., Grifoni P. (2007): Multimodal interaction systems: information and time features, International Journal of Web and Grid Services (IJWGS), Vol. 3 – Issue 1, pp 82-99;
- Ferri F., Grifoni P., Caschera M.C., D’Andrea A., D’Ulizia A., Guzzo T. (2014). An Ecosystemic Environment for Knowledge and Services Sharing on Creative Enterprises, in Proceeding of the International Conference on Management of computational and collective IntElligence in Digital EcoSystems (MEDES’14), 15-17 September 2014, Qassim in Buraydah, Saudi Arabia, pp 27-33;
- Caschera M.C., Ferri F., Grifoni P. (2007). An Approach for Managing Ambiguities in Multimodal Interaction. OTM 2007 Ws, Part I, Springer Publishing, LNCS 4805, pp. 387–397.