+39 06 492724 234
Mario received a degree in Physics from the Sapienza University of Rome, under the supervision of Antonio Degasperis, and a PhD from the University of Florence, carrying out research activity with Rosaria Conte and Cristiano Castelfranchi.
Mario worked in the CNR Institute of Cognitive Sciences and Technologies (ISTC). He had previously worked at the Italian National Institute of Statistics. He taught at Sapienza University of Rome, University of Perugia and University of Bologna.
He carries out interdisciplinary research in the field of computational social sciences, particularly applying multi-agent computational model of social phenomena with a generative approach.
Mario has been co-PI together with Giulia Andrighetto of the Laboratory of Agent-based Social Simulation (LABSS), located at ISTC. He has been scientific coordinator and PI of EC projects (eRep, FuturICT 2.0).
He is also author of about 100 scientific publications, among which a monograph on Reputation written with Rosaria Conte, and articles on peer-reviewed journal such as Advances in Complex Systems, Scientometrics, and the International Journal of Approximate Reasoning.
Scopus id: 7006774117
Google Scholar: http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=AMB_LSAAAAAJ
WoS Researcher ID: C-4894-2009
• Pozzo, R., Filippetti, A., Paolucci, M., & Virgili, V. (2020). What does cultural innovation stand for? Dimensions, processes, outcomes of a new innovation category. Science and Public Policy.
• Grimaldo, F., Paolucci, M., & Sabater-Mir, J. (2018). Reputation or peer review? The role of outliers. Scientometrics, 116(3), 1421–1438.
• Petroni, F., Querzoni, L., Beraldi, R., & Paolucci, M. (2016). LCBM: A fast and lightweight collaborative filtering algorithm for binary ratings. Journal of Systems and Software, 117, 583–594.
• Conte, R., & Paolucci, M. (2014). On agent-based modeling and computational social science. Frontiers in Psychology, 5.
• Paolucci, Mario, & Sichman, J. S. (2014). Reputation to understand society. Computational and Mathematical Organization Theory, 20(2), 211–217.
• Paolucci, M., Kossman, D., Conte, R., Lukowicz, P., Argyrakis, P., Blandford, A., Bonelli, G., Anderson, S., Freitas, S., Edmonds, B., Gilbert, N., Gross, M., Kohlhammer, J., Koumoutsakos, P., Krause, A., Linnér, B. O., Slusallek, P., Sorkine, O., Sumner, R. W., & Helbing, D. (2013). Towards a living earth simulator. The European Physical Journal Special Topics, 214(1), 77–108.
• Paolucci, Mario. (2012). Two Scenarios for Crowdsourcing Simulation. In F. Paglieri, L. Tummolini, R. Falcone, & M. Micel (Eds.), The goals of cognition: Essays in honour of Cristiano Castelfranchi. College Publications.
• Conte, R., Paolucci, M., & Sabater-Mir, J. (2008). Reputation for innovating social networks. Advances in Complex Systems, 11(02), 303–320.
• Sabater-Mir, J., & Paolucci, M. (2007). On representation and aggregation of social evaluations in computational trust and reputation models. International Journal of Approximate Reasoning, 46(3), 458–483.
A complete list of publications is available within Mario Paolucci’s Resume.